So I picked up a Dragy a couple nights ago on Amazon.
I always wanted a VBOX but could never justify the price.
Amazon had it for free same day delivery so I pulled the trigger.
Here’s my partial review, more to follow as I use and test it more.
The Android App
- The app works well in terms of logging/retaining/reviewing the data
- The UI definitely needs some work. Silly things like the password field tries to capitalize the first letter of the password, some text fields are small and hard to read on the go, some words are mispelled, etc…
- My location says Huizhou Guangdong even though I entered it in my profile, it’s little things like this the app developer needs to fix.
- The leader-board feature is pretty cool, it breaks it down by vehicle make in a bunch of different metrics like 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc…
- Very straight forward to use this device and app
- Unbox it, charge it up, download the app and it connected via bluetooth with no problem at all and stayed connected the whole time I was using it
- I tried a few 0-60 runs with the Dragy and the verdict is still out on how accurate it really is. I’m hoping to get to the 1/4 track fairly soon and will post the comparison
- If anyone in the Bay Area has a VBOX and would be willing to do some side by side testing please reach out to me via the Contact me on the site, I’d love to really see how accurate this thing is
- I am lucky enough to have access to test on a closed private road, the road is a little to short for a full 1/4 mile run but good enough for some 0-60 / 60ft runs
- I was really struggling with traction, factory run flats on a cold night on a not so smooth road made for some tough launches. My best 0-60 run was a 4.88s
- As for the 60ft time the best I was able to pull was a 2.16 which I suppose isn’t all that bad considering the tires/surface and that I’m a complete noob in terms of this stuff
Verdict (so far)
- So far this is a sweet little device, personally the biggest factor here is how accurate it really is. They claim on Dragy’s Website it is accurate to .01 seconds but only further testing will tell. I’m looking forward to testing this neat little device some more on my own and on the webz.